It will be used to give information about my:
- Paintings, drawings, prints, photographs, films
- Artists Books (Altazimuth Press imprint)
- Specific Projects
My studio is in Brighton, Sussex, UK
Postal address: Peter Chasseaud, Studio 3S3, Phoenix Arts Association, 10-14 Waterloo Place, Brighton, BN2 9NB, UK.
Ypres Willows project
I am currently (January 2007) working on a 90th anniversary art and artists book project relating to willow trees in the landscape of the Ypres Salient in Belgium. This year is the 90th anniversary of the Flanders campaign of 1917, the major part of which was the Third Battle of Ypres (popularly known as the Battle of Passchendaele) and I am travelling to Belgium to paint, draw and photograph the willows in the Ypres (Ieper) area, and to produce an artists book and a film based on this work. I also plan to create growing willow sculptures.
The artwork resulting from this project will be shown at an exhibition at the Star Gallery in Lewes, East Sussex, UK, in May 2007 (starting on May 8th for three weeks), and I hope at other venues including one in Belgium.
I have produced three artists books in recent years. These are:
Kings Cross (2004)
Thames - The London River (2005)
Afghanistan - A Journey (2007)
in progress: Willow / Weider / Wilg / Saule (Ypres Willows) (2007)
These will be shown in 2007 at the following venues:
- 'Covered' (room devoted to artists books) in the Modern Works on Paper and Watercolours & Drawings Fair at the Royal Academy of Arts, 6 Burlington Gardens, London, 1 - 4 February
- 10th Contemporary Artists Book Fair, in the Parkinson Court, Parkinson Building, University of Leeds, 9 - 10 March
- 1st Bristol International Artists Book Fair, Arnolfini Gallery, Bristol, 20 - 21 April
- PBFA second June Book Fair at Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London, 8 - 9 June
- Vis a Vis Book Fair, Marseilles, 13 October
- Fine Press Book Association Book Fair, Oxford Brookes University, 3 - 4 November
- London Artists Book Fair, ICA, London, end of November/beginning of December (dates to be finalised)